We all know what a real date crime is, technically. That’s when you do something that will get your ass in jail, like using a Roofie. What we’re talking about here are the things you can do that can guarantee that there’ll be no second date. While these won’t get you arrested, you need to avoid them anyway unless you really have no plans of seeing her again.
- Get her to pay the bill. When it comes to footing the bill, there are two schools of thought. One says going Dutch is better, because it makes women feel empowered, and so that’s there’s no sense of owing anyone anything. The other philosophy is for a guy to pay for everything, because it’s chivalrous and a girl likes to be treated like a princess. There’s no third option of getting her to pay for it all.
- Wear something inappropriate. The rule of thumb here is to dress in a way that would not leave a bad impression on your boss. So keep the T-shirt with the offensive slogan at home, and forget about wearing anything scruffy. She probably made an effort to look good, and so should you.
- Talk about your ex. A date is supposed to be about you and your date, and bringing up your ex is like getting an annoying third wheel in the picture. She’s supposed to have a good time, and bringing up your ex is not the way to do it.
- Talk about sex. Now it’s very possible that your date is perfectly fine to doing something sexy after just a first date, but talking about sex on a date will turn her off. The only acceptable situation here is if she brings it up. Take mental notes of what she likes while you’re at it.
- Have bad breath or smell bad. For goodness’ sake, take a shower, brush your teeth, chew some mints beforehand, and perhaps splash a bit of cologne. At some point you’ll be leaning close to her, and if she smells something bad then you can kiss any hopes of a second date goodbye.
- Eat anything that can stick to your teeth. There are food items you know from experience that get caught in your teeth. Parsley is a good example, although there may be other food items that you know of. Just avoid all of them. If this is a constant problem for you, eat a lot before you go on a date and then eat little on the date.
- Drink too much. There are so many things that can go wrong when this happens, starting from causing you to do everything that’s on this list to actually committing a crime that can get you arrested. Remember, the point of the date is to have more dates with her and hopefully start a romantic relationship with this person.
Now these are just seven, but if we need to put down every possible mistake you can make then the list would be endless. Nonetheless, avoiding these “crimes” is a good start. Good luck on your date, and don’t do or say anything stupid!